Iqama check is a residency permit in Saudi Arabia. A person who is initially going to Saudi Arabia has a valid visa of only three months. Iqama check will be only applied for that person by the employer if he wants to stay more than visa validity.
Iqama will be valid for one year; each year, about 8000SR, you must pay to renew it. (For each Iqama, medical insurance is compulsory, done by sponsor) Each Iqama has the name, DOB, Religion, Iqama Validity, and Profession of the person mentioned.
Iqama can be renewed each year for an unlimited period or age of the person, or sponsor’s special recommendation with 8000SR or fee fixed for that particular year.
Wazarat Amal – Iqama Check Validity and Expiry Date By Using Iqama Number
The following are the methods to find out the expiry date of your Iqama Permit.
Iqama Check with Absher website
Once you have Absher account, you can quickly check your Iqama status by some most straightforward steps. Follow the steps with keen concentration. We have to give details here of both the ways to access the Absher website to use Iqama Expiry Service by signing on the Absher Website and Absher Application.
- -Visit the Absher website link absher.sa.
- -If you find difficulty in reading Arabic, you can change the language to English from the top menu.
- -Nou will see two options as “Individuals” or “Business” tap on “Individuals.”
- -Log in with your Absher credentials.
- -You will require to put up an OTP, which you will receive on your registered number.
- -Select “Query Iqama Expiry Service” from your dashboard,
Now enter your unique Iqama Number mentioned on your card and verify yourself as human by entering a captcha codeYou will see Iqama Validity information in the window.
If the date appears to be green, it means that your Iqama is valid, and it looks red, and it means Iqama is expired, and you will be charged penalties.
Iqama Check with Absher application
It is the most recommended way of inquiring about your Iqama expiry; you just need to download the Absher app in your smartphone and can access all the services linked to your Iqama on hand.
Inquiring information about your Iqama validity and expiry has become much more comfortable with the launch of Absher Application. This application is downloadable from iOS and Android app stores.
Following are the steps to follow:
- Install the app using iOS or Android App Store.
- Once downloaded, use your Absher credentials to log in to the app.
- Put in the One Time Password received on your number.
- In the “E-service” menu, you can check your Iqama Expiry date.
Third Method – Iqama Check without Absher Account
There are two methods of checking Iqama status without using an Absher Account. This process is also reasonably easy and delivers the expiry date in Gregorian and Hijri, both the years, making it easier for the users who cannot read Arabic. One requirement of this procedure is that you must own a bank account.
The following are the steps of getting your Iqama status without an Absher Account.
- Login to the internet banking of your bank account using a user name and password.
- Once logged in, go to ‘Settings’ under the Home Section.
- Go for ‘ID Expiry Update’
- The next pop-up will have your iqama expiry date in Hijri calendar as well as in Gregorian/English Date.
Fourth Method – Iqama Check with the Ministry of Labour ( MOL) website
There is another method that can help you check the expiry of your Iqama Permit without being registered with Absher Website or application, just by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the website mol.gov.sa.
- You can change the language to English from the options available on the top of the left side of your screen.
- The new page will open in front of you, where you have to enter your Iqama number and date of birth. Although this is a process of creating an account on the labor ministry site, we will not proceed further with it. You will Just put your essentials and get your iqama expiry date immediately.
- Enter the captcha verification code into the last box and press the “Next” button to check Iqama validity.
The process is now complete, and your required information is visible on the new page, such as your full name, gender, nationality, and other things that are also appearing here with your Iqama expiry date.
Fines And Penalties Associated with Late Renewal of Iqama
- The following are the penalties you will face if you delayed your Iqama renewal intentionally or unintentionally. One of the first iqama expiry penalty and the forfeit is on its restoration after expiry. Jawazat charges a fine of 500 riyals on the first violation of the law.
- If it happened again, the next year the expiry fees increase to double such as 1000 riyals
- And if it again happened on the third consecutive violation will result in grama, also pronounced as grama or gharama, and considered as a final exit and no renewal for Iqama.
Check Iqama Status Red Green Yellow
Ministry of Labor (MOL) offers you the Iqama Nitaqat status and the category in which it falls. It is better to check your Nitaqat Status on first hand to avoid any circumstances later.
A purpose for Iqama expiry is Nitaqat status, which is also called Iqama status, and it comes in three colors, i.e., red, green, yellow. Each color shows the groups in which your sponsor falls.
Any sponsor in red cannot renew the Iqama of its employees. So its better if you check it on your own.
The following are the steps in finding in which category your sponsor falls.
- Visit the Official website of the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Labor (mol.gov.sa).
- Put your unique Iqama number.
- Enter the Captcha code and give in the details
As you submit your details, you will be able to see the results, including all the data such as Work Permit Number, Your Employment Status, and Nitaqat Color of your Company.
Check Iqama Insurance Expiry
Medical insurance in Saudi Arabia is called Iqama Insurance. Moreover, it is good to know that Medical insurance in Saudi Arabia does not expire with the expiration of Iqama, yet, one can see its expiry and further details on the health portal of the Saudi Health Ministry (www.moh.gov.sa).
Check Iqama Expiry In Muqeem Portal
You can also get to access your Iqama details on Muqeem Portal (www.elm.sa). Although the only sponsor can access this portal because it requires payment, and all companies are using this service by paying to the government.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How can I identify my Iqama expiry date?
Iqama usually expires after one year, and you have to renew it if you want to continue your work in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. For example, the issuance date of your Iqama is 20th June 2020; it will expire on 20th June 2021.
Moreover, you can make your Iqama validated for an unlimited period at once, just by paying the lump sum amount. Furthermore, the following are some of the methods you can check your Iqama Expiry Date:
- Iqama Check with Absher website.
- Iqama Check with Absher application.
- Iqama Check with the Ministry of Labour (MOL) website.
Q2. What happens if my Iqama expiry?
Once your Iqama gets expire, all of your banking accounts will be frozen (until proof of renewal is present). You will have to pay the renewal fees for spousal and dependent Iqamas.
Q3. What is Iqama number?
Iqama number is a unique number provided to the holder of residence permit. The particular Iqama number is mentioned just below your image
Q4. How I check my Iqama expiry date other than Absher?
Recently, you can also notice the Iqama expiry date without the Absher account in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It demonstrates the iqama expiry date both in Hijri and Georgian calendars.
If you do not possess a registered account on the Absher portal but want to save your precious time without getting into the hassles of having your self registered with Absher, then you must use the below-mentioned procedure to check Iqama validity.
Q5. How Long Does it require to Renew Iqama?
It renews in just 24 hours. So quick! No? Renewal of Iqama usually takes jus a day. Jawazat reissues iqama within a day If the company/kafeel holds all the requirements for iqama renewal right. There is no delay from Jawazat.